- What happens if I pay off my credit card and then return something?
- Can you transfer a credit card refund to bank account?
- Can a refund be made to a different credit card?
- How do I put money from my credit card into my bank account?
- Can I get a cash refund on a credit card purchase?
- How many days does a refund take on a credit card?
- Can you transfer money with credit card?
- Does a refund to a credit card count as a payment?
What happens if I pay off my credit card and then return something?
Receiving a refund
When you receive a refund for a purchase you paid with your credit card, the refunded amount goes back on the card.
That can lead to an overpayment if you’ve already paid off the purchase.
That $100 payment would go back on your card and lead to a credit balance.
Can you transfer a credit card refund to bank account?
If a refund is paid to your credit card, usually that means that the payment was made initially by that credit card, the short answer to your question is no, not without incurring charges. But you could always pay the cash withdrawal fee and just withdraw from an ATM and deposit it back into your bank account.
Can a refund be made to a different credit card?
Ask the merchant to issue the refund in a different manner
Some merchants may be willing to offer a gift card, store credit, cash or even issue a refund to a different credit card. If you’re able to get your refund issued in a different form than your original form of payment, you can avoid a good bit of hassle.
How do I put money from my credit card into my bank account?
Methods of Fund Transfer from Credit Card to Account Online
- Select the receiver and the country the bank account is.
- Select ‘Account Deposit’ option on screen and enter the amount to be transferred.
- While selecting the method of payment, choose the option ‘Credit Card’.
Can I get a cash refund on a credit card purchase?
No, it’s not possible to make a purchase with a credit card and then return what you bought for a cash refund. It’s Complicated: As mentioned above, your credit card company basically pays for the purchases that you make with plastic, reducing your available credit in the process, and you pay it back at a later date.
How many days does a refund take on a credit card?
Can you transfer money with credit card?
In order to transfer money over from a credit card to a debit card, you will need what is called a money transfer credit card. Money transfer cards give you a length of time to repay the money at 0% interest in exchange for paying the balance transfer or money transfer fee.
Does a refund to a credit card count as a payment?
Do Credit Card Refunds Count as a Payment? According to Devereux, a credit card refund to your account is considered an account credit, not a payment. “You will still need to make the minimum payment due in order to avoid missing a payment,” she says.